Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Letchworth State Park - Extra Pics

As I was hiking and came up behind a group of buildings. I thought it was a nature center. I walked up some steps with a grandstand on my right, lo and behold, an olympic sized swimming pool.


I think this is a diving pool.



I got back to the Inn and had lunch. I then left the park and drove up the east side to the town of Mt. Morris. On the way back I took more pictures of the Mt. Morris dam. From the east side.


As I came back into the park from the south entrance. I got to the trestle and could see this hot air balloon. I remembered that they had balloon rides advertised and though that this was leaving the park.


I drove to the Inn and could hear the balloon firing. I went to the Middle Falls overlook and took this next picture.

The balloonist took the balloon below the level of the falls and then went up and out.

Here is a picture of the front door decoration at Glen Iris.  I sat and had a gin and tonic in one of these chairs facing the falls..


Here is the Middle Falls at night.


Here is the staircase in the Inn.   Fairly ornate red oak,  The rooms are all named after woods. I stayed in Red Oak, small but OK, on the third floor, Pack light, there is no elevator.


All in all a very nice trip.  It is about 3 1/2 hours from Cleveland. The Inn and restaurant are very nice.  There is a spectacular suite on the front facing the falls with balcony. The park is nicely maintained with excellent facilities. That's it for now.

1 comment: